Monday, March 9, 2009

Crawfish



We woke up Saturday morning and decided we wanted to cook crawfish. From 6:30 a.m. until 11:30 Jay called all around Jackson looking to borrow someone's pot and burner. Then Justin Fitch finds the crawfish and I go and buy a ton of sausage, onions, mushrooms and corn for everyone. That is my favorite and I wanted to make sure we had plenty.
Jay and Justin started the burner at 2:30 p.m. and the pot came to a boil at 9:00 p.m.. Apparently, we did not have the burner sounding like a "jet" until 8:45 p.m.. There was a hole in the valve and Shaun Walker figured that out.
So it was an interesting day. I only took pictures at the end, and I hate that. Cam, Henry and Benton all made a visit and I have nothing to show.

Jay and Justin can be proud of their crawfish. Although they lack in flavor they look good in the photos:)

No comments: