Monday, January 19, 2009

Long Live Celine!!!!



Jay and I had the pleasure of going to the Celine Dion concert on Thursday night. It was everything I hoped it would be. From the people watching to the unbelievable performance, i would rate it as one of the best nights ever.
Sitting in the row below us were 4 couples and they could not have been a day over 72. I think it is safe to guess that was 50% of the audience. Then you would see a lot of married couples that were our age. Apparently, I was not the only person that has been hounding their husband for 5 years to go to a Celine concert. Then the rest of the audience were groups of women that came together to see Celine (it would have been a great place for a man to hit on a woman).
As the concert went on it became more and more amazing how much Celine and I sound alike. The higher she hit the notes the more we were together in our performances. Of course 1000's were able to enjoy hers and only Jay had the pleasure of hearing me.
At the end Celine had to pay tribute to her heritage and she sang a song in french. The little bambino started kicking really hard during this song. I think this is an omen that our son is going to be bilingual.
Anyway, we had a great time and I am so happy that Jay did this for me. What a GREAT husband!!!

1 comment:

Lisa Melton said...

Where was this concert Melissa?? I totally agree with you. I made Floyd take me to see Celine when we were in Vegas a few years ago. I think deep down he was horrified that we were going to see her over some other choices.. Prince (which I sortuv regret now), Blue Man Group, Howie Mandel, etc.. Anyway, her show was amazing and I now I don't regret it for sec...Long Live Celine indeed!